All steps of your print project are done on-site, including design, pre-press, digital plate-making, printing and finishing. This guarantees the quality of the finished product and enables faster turnaround time.
Hooven-Dayton Corporation offers a full range of leading-edge label applications that fit any need or environment. Our ability to manage sequential and manipulated text (variable data) and custom applications like cold foil, hot foil stamping, rotary screen, embossing, 2D barcode verification, special laminates and die cuts means we can easily support your label solution, regardless of complexity.
Our full-service partnership includes graphic design services. Our designers follow your graphic standards to develop the labels, flexible package printing or specialty print products that will achieve the best possible shelf presence for your products. They are skilled in the full spectrum of graphic design applications.
Our designers will advise you on the best paper or film stock selection, inks, dies, coatings and adhesives for your selling environment.
In addition, our state-of-the-art pre-press department can provide recommendations on metallic inks, foil decorative designs, film substrates, and unique die-cuts.
Hooven-Dayton Corporation is committed to:
• Helping companies take products to market faster
• Ongoing research for new and innovative processes and equipment to better meet our customers’ needs
• Maintaining state-of-the-art equipment that features the latest technology
• A continuous investment in technology to support our commitment to expediting our customers’ orders
Digital plates offer many advantages. Some significant attributes of digital plates include:
• Eliminates process variables throughout the production process
• Chemical free
• Stable, predictable results with fewer processing variables to maintain
• Contributes to environmental stewardship through the elimination of chemicals
• Simplifies maintenance
• Cost savings through the elimination of chemicals and removal of hazardous waste
• Contributes to a cleaner shop and efficient workflow
• Cleaner, crisper reproduction of graphics by eliminating steps in the printing process
Hooven-Dayton’s latest digital and flex-o-graphic label printing technologies include–
• Our HP Indigo ws4500 roll-fed digital press prints variable data labels on demand and can print on a wide variety of substrates. Applications for variable data labels may include self-adhesive labels, shrink sleeves and flexible packaging. The full-color press also offers up to seven colors including white, fast turnaround times and the ability to change spot colors in an instant. Other features include the ability to combine variable data such as consecutive numbers and barcodes, a reinsertion capability that enables duplex imaging for two-sided prime labels, and a validation program for the production of FDA-compliant pharmaceutical labels.
• 10 flexographic narrow web presses offer a wide variety of cost-effective options for label and package printing on absorbent and non-absorbent substrates using low viscosity, fast-drying water based, solvent based and UV curable inks. Our presses are 10 and 16 inches in width with a maximum repeat length of 24 inches and up to 10 color printing capability.
Hooven-Dayton Corporation’s evolution into Flexible Package Printing has been a natural one. We focus on servicing the short runs of small bags and pouches that are normally inefficient for the historical source, the wide web package printer. Hooven-Dayton has the appropriate tension controls and firsthand experience it takes to handle an array of structures. We deliver the highest quality imaging possible to both unsupported and laminated films/paper. Now that our supplies are pre-laminating selected structures, appropriately equipped, narrow web printers have access to the flexible package part of the market. A particular application of compatibility with our digital and narrow web flexo capabilities is that of PROMOTION BAGS. For example, short runs of snack food bags or water bottles with customized graphics are now a much more accessible offering than just a short time ago. Call us for answers to questions about your specific design and production needs.
• Saves money by printing only what you need when you need it
• Provides the ability to limit inventory investment
• No obsolete inventory when changes need to be made.